Customer Support Specialist
As a Customer Service Specialist, you are the gateway and front line concierge for our company. In this role, you will focus on providing stellar support to a wide range of clients, building relationships, educating customers on products and account navigation, researching best possible options, resolving client inquiries, and coordinating with internal specialists to ensure client satisfaction. As a Customer Service Specialist, you will interact with clients via email and phone in an open, team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate should have a friendly and confidant phone demeanor, good verbal and written communication skills, solid problem solving skills, and enjoy working with and helping others. A passion for learning and languages is a must!
What You’ll Do:
- Work directly with customers (bookstores, schools, and students) by telephone and email
- Process customer purchase orders in timely manner
- Respond promptly to customer and internal inquiries by telephone and email
- Research and resolve all customer issues
- Work with sales representatives to ensure all customer-related inquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- Follow up on open items with customers
- Work with internal departments and warehouse to ensure customer order process is smooth and timely
- Must be able to walk customers through purchasing Website and troubleshoot as necessary
- Maintain, monitor, and update various databases and software systems
- Manage various additional tasks assigned by manager
- Complete assigned projects timely and accurately
- Develop a vast knowledge and understanding of the products published by the company
What You Bring:
- BA / BS from a 4-year accredited program
- 2 - 4 years of customer service experience in an office or call center environment required
- Knowledge of basic computer systems such as Microsoft Office and Web browsers required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains or Salesforce preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including active-listening and the ability to clearly and effectively communicate to customers and coworkers verbally and in writing required
- Strong attention to detail and excellent accuracy skills
- Excellent organization, follow-up, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and constantly re-prioritize
- Ability to work well with others
- Pleasant and professional demeanor
- Flexibility to accommodate seasonal and unpredictable changes in responsibilities
- Language skills or publishing experience preferred
About Vista Higher Learning:
We are world-travelers, educators, editors, linguists and, technology enthusiasts. We’re explorers, innovators, thinkers, life-long learners and, creators. We’re a team of intellectually curious, seriously passionate, culturally minded individuals dedicated to building highly engaging and authentic print and digital language products that foster an appreciation for world languages and cultures, both in and out of the classroom. Join our innovative team and discover what we can achieve together!
Why Join Us?
We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from others in our space. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.