As an Editorial Assistant, you will be a part of a collaborative and dynamic team that is passionate about creating best-in-class language learning content for learners in the K-12 space. In this role, you’ll support the team with a variety of research, copyediting and copywriting projects for our digital and print products. In addition to coordinating the progress of ongoing projects you will support the team in developing and selecting engaging and relevant content for our English Language Arts (ELA) and English Language Learning (ELL) markets learning materials as well as editing and revising content for publication. Our ideal candidate possesses a keen eye for grammar (in English), exceptional project management, time management, organization, and communication skills as well as being extremely detail oriented. A true passion for English language education is essential!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare manuscripts, tearsheets, photo specs, audio scripts and bookmaps for delivery
- Create transcripts of video material
- Research television clips, short films and or literary readings for inclusion in Vista Higher Learning ELA and ELL titles and research other ad hoc projects as needed
- Write activities and articles and copyedit materials for publication in accordance with corporate guidelines
- Collaborate with in-house Editorial Development and Project Management teams
- File and store critical electronic manuscript files and all relevant print materials in a secure and appropriate manner
- Track and enter data in Excel
- Participate in team meetings
- Provide light administrative support to Executive Editor as needed
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related duties as required
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- BA/ BS degree required (degree in English preferred)
- Must possess native level proficiency (written and verbal) in English
- Strong writing, grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills for editing English language content required
- 1+ years prior work experience; project management, editing, and research experience preferred
- Some experience in an administrative or support-oriented role preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbally
- Pays strict attention to details and is capable of keeping track of multiple ongoing projects simultaneously
- Works well and meets deadlines in a fluid and fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Word and Excel
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required
- Prior experience teaching is a strong plus
- Must be able to commute to our corporate office in Boston, MA (currently closed but will work in-office when reopened)
About Vista Higher Learning:
We are world-travelers, educators, editors, linguists, and technology enthusiasts. We’re explorers, innovators, thinkers, life-long learners, and creators. We’re a team of intellectually curious, seriously passionate, culturally-minded individuals who are dedicated to building highly engaging and authentic print and digital language products that foster an appreciation for world languages and cultures in and out of the classroom. If you share that passion for being the best, we want to talk! Our ideal candidate looks for creative solutions, is continually learning, and loves to develop best-in-class solutions to complex technical challenges.
Why Join Us?
We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from others in our space. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.