Our mission is to create superior quality language programs that boldly integrate text, technology, and media.
The Desktop Support Analyst is an experienced technical professional that provides first line technical support and service for internal and remote employees on all company supported applications. In this capacity, the Desktop Support Analyst maintains and monitors end-user workstations and equipment performance to meet company and user requirements. Services include desktop hardware, mobile phone, printer and software support. In addition, the Desktop Support Analyst troubleshoots computer problems, determines malfunction source and advises on appropriate actions in addition to completing application based projects.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently and effectively provide Level 1 desktop support for internal employees and remote sales staff
- Proactively keep PC and Mobile Device inventory accurate to ensure timely replacements
- Effectively manage PC images and keep within the current image/build process to ensure consistency across the environment
- Effectively Manage Mobile phone accounts along with the devices themselves, this includes adds and changes to individual phone accounts
- Proactively maintain and ensure that the Conference room hardware is in working order while keeping to the standard across all conference rooms
- Effectively manage users audio and web conferencing accounts to ensure that users have been added and removed when needed
- Work closely with 3rd party printer vendors while also having worked with the features and functionality of all in one enterprise printers
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- 3-5 years of help-desk experience in a fast paced environment
- Associates degree or commensurate experience; A+ Certification strong plus, BA strong plus
- Excellent documentation, project management and organization skills; demonstrated ability to support, finish and close tickets and projects
- Effective communication skills; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; exhibits a customer-centric approach and able to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical oriented audiences
- Demonstrated ability to proDashboard actively identify and independently solve problems; escalating more complex issues to manager when necessary
- Demonstrated success with supporting and managing external vendors
- Demonstrates willingness to learn new tools, skills and technology and applies new knowledge and skills to the advancement of the role and department
- Well-developed knowledge of PC and Apple hardware and peripherals, PC Image process using MDT, Symantec antivirus software, Helpdesk ticketing systems, Active Directory (AD) user administration, as well as Konica Minolta and HP printer support
- Well-developed to advanced knowledge of Microsoft, Linux and Apple OS and software (90% MS, 10% Other); Preference for Windows 10, Office 2010 and iOS
- All employees are expected to demonstrate the VHL core attributes for success
Why Join Us:
We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, commuter pass subsidies, PTO and paid holidays. Plus we offer all sorts of fun perks such as monthly chair massages, company lunches, onsite cardio, and strength training classes and much more!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.