Field Sales Specialist - Dallas / Houston-TX
We are looking for a Field Sales Specialist with a passion for education and technology join our dynamic sales team focusing on k-12 world language learning in the Dallas/ Houston Texas area. As a Sales Specialist you play a critical role in our success by leveraging your affinity for cultivating relationships, understanding client needs, strong knowledge of our robust portfolio of print and digital world-language-learning products to win business. As a Sales Specialist, you will evaluate market trends, maintain keen oversight over state activities and are sensitive to the unique needs of your customers and territory and are able to artfully align solutions to exceed goals and client expectations. As such, you have well-developed presentation, territory management, consultative-selling, research and time management skills and you’re able to display a high level of creativity.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Closing business on a consistent basis to achieve sales quotas in an assigned territory
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of our robust suite of digital and print world-language-learning products for K-12 institutions
- Using market intelligence and analytical skills to understand the specific needs of the schools within your territory and effectively manage a large book of business
- Creating and delivering persuasive sales and training presentations for both our print and digital programs
- Exhibiting a consultative selling approach and an ability to customize presentation style to fit your audience
- Working effectively with all appropriate internal resources, such as Marketing, Product, Editorial and Customer Service to satisfy customers’ needs and achieve goals
- Keeping in tune with relevant market trends within your territory and report findings
- Updating opportunities regularly in Salesforce.com and building an effective territory database for analysis and planning
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/ BS degree
- Must be self-motivated and have 3+ years previous publishing or ed-tech sales experience (experience in world language learning is a strong plus)
- A proven track record of successfully managing long sales cycles and large books of business, while maintaining close oversight of all territory activity
- Well-versed in the State Adoption process; understands the players and resources available
- Proficiency in Spanish is a very strong plus
- Ability to effectively sell/ present to a variety of audiences and contexts (i.e. in person, over the phone, Skype, webinars etc.)
- Strong education- technology skills
- Ability to manage the sales process from the ground up (build a pipeline, client research, managing client relationships and other aspects of sales simultaneously) while growing existing accounts
- Mastery of negotiation skills; comfortable selling to different personality types
- Good prospecting skills and consultative sales approach; focused on solution selling
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent territory management skills
- Focused, strategic, and have a desire to make an impact; you are a “glass half full” thinker
- Proven sales skills by quota performance
- Some overnight travel is required, around 30% during the academic year
Why Join Us:
We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays. Plus we offer all sorts of fun office perks such as monthly chair massages, company lunches, onsite cardio and strength training classes and much more!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.