As a QA Analyst you are responsible for overseeing and monitoring the work of the QA testing team (both internally and externally) handling complex quality assurance and test environment issues as well as managing vendors through all phases of the QA testing cycle for both current and future products, feature releases and live bugs. In this key role you will collaborate closely with Engineering, Product Management and Technical Support and other members of the QA team to ensure that tasks are completed successfully and timely without compromising quality or accuracy. Our ideal candidate has previous experience writing bug reports, recording and documenting test results, managing vendor relationships and mentoring offshore and onsite teams and will be relied upon to provide technical guidance to the testing team.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the QA testing and planning for an assigned feature set of work. Responsibilities include writing tests, delegating activities and prioritizing tasks.
- Verify, streamline and improve test plans/cases, write test instructions for clarity and workflow which align with available QA resources.
- In coordination with Engineering, monitor, update and maintain project management database (JIRA) by thoroughly documenting testing results.
- Coordinate with Tech Support to replicate reported bugs when needed.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Tech Support to troubleshoot complex bugs.
- Successfully contribute to QA process improvements that decrease turnaround times, streamline workflows and processes.
- Identify efficiencies or improvements to the product and share with Product team.
- Create and update documentation for internal technical support use; includes troubleshooting guides.
What you’ll need:
- BA/BS Degree
- Proficiency with JIRA (as it relates to QA workflows)
- 2-4 years of QA testing experience required
- Proven ability to manage test cases and troubleshoot complex bugs
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced and complex environment
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Strong communication, technical and analytical skills
- Brings a strong attention to detail and the ability to meet assigned deadlines
About Vista Higher Learning:
We are world-travelers, educators, editors, linguists and, technology enthusiasts. We’re explorers, innovators, thinkers, life-long learners and, creators. We’re a team of intellectually curious, seriously passionate, culturally minded individuals dedicated to building highly engaging and authentic print and digital language products that foster an appreciation for world languages and cultures, both in and out of the classroom. Join our innovative team and discover what we can achieve together!
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays. Plus we offer all sorts of fun office perks such as monthly chair massages, company lunches, onsite cardio and strength training classes and much more!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.