We are seeking a highly motivated and pro-active Staff Accountant to join our close knit accounting team and support our growing organization. As a Staff Accountant, you will use your astute accounting knowledge to impact our business through posting journal entries, account reconciliations, fixed asset tracking, as well as getting involved with inventory and annual audit support. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for processing payroll (via ADP) and managing updates to our payroll system. You’ll be working in conjunction with the Accounting Manager and Sr. Accountant in the preparation, review and maintenance of accounting information for the company. Using your keen understanding of accounting ‘best practice’ you’ll be actively participating in the development of our processes and controls. Our ideal candidate is a team player who enjoys improving processes, is energized by meeting quick turnaround times, can effectively balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and is highly detailed-oriented.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with monthly G/L closings including preparing and entering journal entries
- Prepare and maintain all assigned G/L account reconciliations
- Prepare and manage bi-weekly payroll processing and associated journal entries
- Support the Accounting team with payroll system updates and improvements
- Manage accounting and related administration for all company royalty relationships including advances, obligations, income, and reporting
- Maintain the fixed asset ledger, review monthly G/L detail in order to identify new assets and prepare monthly depreciation journal entries
- Responsible for all company filings including annual state filings and quarterly/annual Census filings
- Support Accounting Manager and Accounting Department on special projects and reports, including analysis as needed
What you’ll need:
- BS in Accounting, Finance or related fields
- 3+ years of general accounting experience that includes General Ledger accounting, experience with month end close, journal entries and reconciliations
- Prior experience managing and processing payroll as well as knowledge of payroll systems, and withholding and procedures (ADP a strong plus)
- Good communication skills; excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- High level of comfortability with ERP systems (knowledge of Great Plains a strong plus)
- Strong PC skills, with a deep understanding of Microsoft Office and advanced Excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details and the ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Enjoys being part of a collaborative team and delivering end-to-end solutions
About Vista Higher Learning:
We are world-travelers, educators, editors, linguists and, technology enthusiasts. We’re explorers, innovators, thinkers, life-long learners and, creators. We’re a team of intellectually curious, seriously passionate, culturally minded individuals dedicated to building highly engaging and authentic print and digital language products that foster an appreciation for world languages and cultures, both in and out of the classroom. Join our innovative team and discover what we can achieve together!
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays. Plus we offer all sorts of fun office perks such as monthly chair massages, company lunches, onsite cardio and strength training classes and much more!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.