Event Marketing Specialist
We are looking for a creative, passionate, and highly organized Event Marketing Specialist to join our tight-knit marketing team and help plan execute corporate event strategies across our dynamic education technology (K-12 and Higher Education) business. In this high-impact role, you will collaborate with stakeholders across to plan and execute all phases of our live, digital, and hybrid events, including event logistics, communication, and development. Additionally, you will analyze event performance and ROI and make thoughtful recommendations to improve results and help us achieve business goals. Our ideal candidate is an expert communicator, understands the fundamentals of corporate event management, has a passion for marketing, working with others to meet shared goals, and enjoys learning in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute, coordinate, and plan all phases of our event management business; this includes both small and large internal and external conferences, seminars, forums, sales meetings, etc.
- Collaborate with management to align event activities with business strategy and negotiate / execute contracts
- Assemble creative and innovative displays / promotions
- Manage inventory, including displays / signage, demo sites, presentations, collateral, prizes and giveaways, etc.
- Partner with Marketing team to ensure events are integrated into multi-channel marketing programs and existing digital and print collateral are used
- Execute event strategies and goals, implement event marketing communication plans, and analyze event performance to assess ROI
- Maintain documentation, organization, and budget of marketing and related events
- Prepare / present event-related reports, metrics, and details
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of marketing and event technology and trends
- Contribute to team efforts and initiatives by accomplishing other related duties as required
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- BA / BS degree required (marketing or communications fields preferred)
- 4+ years’ marketing experience required
- 2+ years’ experience planning events and managing event logistics required (e.g. trade shows, corporate events, workshops, virtual / hybrid events, etc.)
- Exposure to event software such as iCapture or Eventbrite required
- Strong focus on collaboration, details, organization, and efficiency
- Works well independently and as part of a team, balances multiple simultaneous priorities, and meets deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, active listening, and communication (verbal and written) skills in English required (bilingual talents a strong plus)
- Willingness to travel up to 25% for sales / customer meetings, conferences, etc.
About Vista Higher Learning:
We are world-travelers, educators, editors, linguists, and technology enthusiasts. We’re explorers, innovators, thinkers, life-long learners, and creators. We’re a team of intellectually curious, seriously passionate, culturally-minded individuals who are dedicated to building highly engaging and authentic print and digital language products that foster an appreciation for world languages and cultures in and out of the classroom. If you share that passion for being the best, we want to talk! Our ideal candidate looks for creative solutions, is continually learning, and loves to develop best-in-class solutions to complex technical challenges.
Why Join Us?
We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from others in our space. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.