Modern Language Specialist – K12 (Boston)
We are looking for driven Modern Language Specialists with a passion for education and technology to join our dynamic inside sales team. In this rewarding role, you’ll build and maintain relationships with key decision makers, district level coordinators, world language department chairs, and teachers in the K-12 space. Our ideal candidate is a true people-person; someone who loves networking, understanding needs and winning new business within a geographically diverse territory and shares our passion for culture, language and education. This position is based in our Boston, MA office.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Uncover new opportunities and maintain existing relationships within a growing multi-state territory
- Work closely with Sales leadership and Marketing specialists to develop a strong understanding of our suite of print and digital products as well as the specific needs of the schools within your territory
- Create and deliver powerful presentations that effectively show how our print & digital solutions can help achieve student and teacher learning goals
- Build long lasting relationships with educators and decision makers in the K-12 space
- Use Salesforce.com to manage accounts
- Serve as a customer advocate and find solutions
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/ BS degree
- Self-motivated with 2 -3 years previous sales experience (experience in publishing is a strong plus)
- A creative problem solver who is comfortable presenting to different personality types and in different settings
- Great prospecting skills, instincts and consultative sales approach; focused on solution selling
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong territory management skills
- Focused, organized, strategic, with a desire to make an impact; you are a “glass half full” thinker
- Proven sales skills by quota performance
- A teaching background in foreign language would be an asset
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, German or Italian, a strong plus
- Some overnight travel is required, around 20% during the academic year
Why Join Us:
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays.
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.