Modern Language Specialist Pacific Northwest
AWe are looking for passionate and driven individuals with an affinity for languages and building relationships to join our dynamic sales team in the Seattle, WA / Portland, OR / Salt Lake City, UT areas. Our ideal candidate is a true people-person; someone who loves networking, delivering engaging presentations, building relationships, winning new business and exceeding goals and client expectations. This role combines multiple facets of both inside and outside sales. As a result, an ideal candidate is someone who is equally comfortable meeting with and presenting to clients as they are maintaining and managing accounts. You could be successful in this role if you have excellent territory management, consultative-selling, presentation and active listening skills and is able to display a certain level of creativity and flexibility. This person will manage our Seattle, WA / Portland, OR territory for our print and digital higher education products and will call on foreign language programs at assigned 2-year and 4-year higher education accounts. /p>
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Closing business on a consistent basis to achieve sales quotas in an assigned territory
- Developing a strong understanding of the specific needs of schools and customers within your territory
- Deliver impactful and engaging presentations to customers
- Establishing strong partnerships and working relationships with educators including both current and potential customers
- Working effectively with sales support team members to satisfy our customers’ needs
- Displaying a digital curiosity and effectively showing how digital solutions can help solve issues and achieve learning outcomes
- Utilizing Salesforce.com to build an effective territory database for analysis and planning
Qualifications & Skills:
- BA/ BS degree
- 2+ years previous sales experience (experience in publishing or ed-tech is a strong plus)
- Demonstrated success in attaining/ achieving sales goals
- Strong technology orientation and previous experience selling technology products
- Strong relationship builder and can pivot between a sales and support mindset when needed
- Experience managing long sales cycles
- Ability to effectively sell/ present to a variety of audiences and contexts (i.e. in person, over the phone, Skype, webinars etc.)
- Ability to manage the sales process from the ground up (build a pipeline, client research, client relationships and other aspects of sales simultaneously) while managing existing accounts
- Mastery of negotiation skills; comfortable selling to different personality types
- Fully developed prospecting skills and consultative sales approach; focused on solution selling
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent territory management skills
- Focused, strategic, and have a desire to make an impact; you are a “glass half full” thinker
- Ability to work well independently in a home office environment
- A teaching background in French, Spanish, Italian or German is a plus
- Some overnight travel is required, 40% or more during the academic year
About Vista Higher Learning:
We are world-travelers, educators, editors, linguists, and technology enthusiasts. We’re explorers, innovators, thinkers, life-long learners, and creators. We’re a team of intellectually curious, seriously passionate, culturally-minded individuals who are dedicated to building highly engaging and authentic print and digital language products that foster an appreciation for world languages and cultures in and out of the classroom. If you share that passion for being the best, we want to talk! Our ideal candidate looks for creative solutions, is continually learning, and loves to develop best-in-class solutions to complex technical challenges.
Why Join Us?
We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from others in our space. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.