Senior Product Marketing Manager (K - 5)
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager you will partner with the Director of Product Marketing to lead the marketing operations of our K-5 business to support a robust portfolio of print and digital Dual Language, Bilingual, EL/ ELA and Children’s Literature education products and programs. In this capacity, you are responsible for engineering go-to-market strategies, product campaigns, customer & competitive intelligence insights, and ensuring that sales teams have the right strategic messaging, information, tools and training to win. The Sr. Product Marketing Manager is, above all, a product champion and is charged with delivering innovative, reputation building marketing initiatives that will maximize revenue and drive engagement. As a critical contributor, you are relied on to provide exemplary partnership and thought leadership to internal stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Support, Product Management and, Editorial to define solutions and create compelling and actionable marketing strategies. This high impact role requires strong people management skills, the ability to work well with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and strong business acumen. Our ideal candidate possesses the agility necessary to oscillate between tactical and strategic projects and, is able to implement creative solutions to solve a variety of marketing/ business challenges in a fast paced environment.
- In collaboration with the Director of Product Marketing, create, plan and execute K-5 product & corporate marketing strategy as well as drive go-to-market plans
- As our primary Dual Language, Bilingual, EL/ ELA product marketing expert and evangelist, lead all K-5 marketing (digital & print), market research, sales enablement, social media, live and virtual events and website activities and continuously track ROI of marketing initiatives to ensure effectiveness.
- Partner with our field sales organization in our school sales group to understand their needs and provide timely and effective marketing support in order to achieve company sales goals.
- Develop rich customer-facing marketing content (presentations, collateral etc.) with strong value messaging and storytelling.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of the market landscape, competitive insights and consumer trends and use knowledge to drive action plans and communicate winning tactics to the field. Develop actionable insights with a detailed understanding of customers and competitors.
- Build and present product and feature trainings to sales teams as well as support sales teams by presenting to customers in high-stakes sale situations.
- Lead new product launches and positioning of existing products for new business opportunities.
- Segment and leverage marketing database for greater campaign efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify and develop best practices, particularly around digital marketing, to create effective & scalable workflows and processes.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in Technology, Product, Sales and Editorial to build deep product knowledge and leverage into marketing strategies and campaigns.
- 9+ years marketing experience, with 5+ years in product marketing in the publishing/ ed-tech space within the K - 5
- BA/BS in marketing, a world language, English, elementary education, or other relevant field; MBA or other relevant advanced degree desirable
- Subject-matter-expert in the K-5 dual language/ bilingual education market; understands the unique challenges/ opportunities within this space as well as the general competitive landscape
- Experience with both web and print marketing; experience with direct to student web marketing is a strong plus!
- Some previous experience managing a small group of marketers/ freelancers a strong plus
- Significant track record of success developing, managing and executing small and large scale strategic marketing plans and initiatives
- Strong general marketing skills especially in the areas of product marketing, ecommerce, GTM strategies, marketing communications, social media, marketing analytics, sales enablement and launching/ managing campaigns
- Strong knowledge of and experience with marketing and sales systems and tools (such as: Marketo, Salesforce.com, Partdot etc.)
- High level of comfort with Microsoft suite and other related technology platforms
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal communication, writing/ copyediting skills; able to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Engaging presentation skills; comfortable presenting to a variety of audiences in a variety of settings
- Outstanding planning and analytical skills. Creative and able to balance ‘big picture’ thinking with detailed execution.
- Strong collaborator who works effectively with others and can pivot between being tactical and strategic
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, hands-on, works with a high sense of urgency and can be successful in fast-paced, deadline driven and evolving environments
- Travel up to 20%
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French is a plus
Why Join Us:
Why join us? We at Vista Higher Learning are proud to say that we’re not just another publisher. We’re the leading specialized language publisher for U.S. and Canadian higher education and secondary school markets whose first-hand knowledge of languages and diverse cultures sets us apart from other publishers. We’re passionate about developing educational materials that incorporate authenticity and culture. We bring a fresh new approach to teaching languages by integrating technology, design, content, and pedagogy to make learning easier, more practical, and more rewarding. With current programs in Spanish, French, Italian and German Vista Higher Learning is committed to helping people communicate across languages and cultures.
Our benefits package includes life/health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), educational assistance, PTO and paid holidays
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.