Software Engineering Intern
Our ideal candidate is innately curious, has a strong desire to develop elegant solutions to complex technical challenges, and prioritizes working with teammates who are passionate, genuine, and support each other in growing as developers. We are a small company and a small development team, so you would have a lot of direct mentorship as well as the opportunity to work with a broad variety of technologies. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to enrich their development skills in a highly collaborative and flourishing environment.
Our Technology Stack:
- Front: OOJS | ES6 | SASS | OOCSS / BEM | Design Systems
- Back: Ruby on Rails
- Persistence: MySQL | PostgreSQL | Redis | DynamoDB
- Ops: AWS | Chef
- Foundations: Linux | Git
- Testing: Rspec | Nightwatch | qTest
- Analytics: Elasticsearch | Logstash | Statsd | Graphite | Kibana
What you bring:
- Junior or Senior Undergrad or Masters student in a relevant program
- Exhibits Basic Linux command line skills
- Experience with an object-oriented language and application framework (e.g. Python/Django or Ruby/Rails)
- Experience working on a team and writing code collaboratively (ideally using git / GitHub)
- Preference of students having prior internship or Co-Op experiences or substantial experience working in teams on a full application
- Experience with mobile-first or accessible web development is a plus
- Experience working on a legacy codebase a plus
How to Apply:
Please send your Resume and Code samples or a public portfolio to: [email protected]
We’re life-long learners, creative thinkers, technology enthusiasts, and innovators redefining the way languages are learned and taught in interactive and intuitive environments. We love what we do, and we’re proud of the customer-facing products we create. What’s more, we’re working on some really awesome projects right now in the areas of accessibility, speech recognition, and advanced analytics, and we want you to be a part of that!
Vista Higher Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability, and/or protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.