¡Los hipopótamos son colosales!
What’s the deadliest animal in Africa? It’s not the lion or the crocodile—it’s the hippopotamus! Hippos have razor-sharp tusks, weigh as much as fifty men, and can run twenty-five miles per hour! Follow these hefty hulks as they glide underwater, play tug-of-war, swat balls of dung at one another, and nuzzle their young in the mud. Just don’t get too close—they could chomp you in two! Back matter includes a note about hippos and an index.
Other Details —
- American Library Association) Notable Children’s Book
- Chicago Public Library Best of the Best
- Nominated to the Washington Children’s Choice Picture Book Award
- Nominated to the Patricia Gallagher Picture Book Award (Oregon Reading Association)
- WSRA Picture This! List (Wisconsin State Reading Association)
- Texas Library Association 2X2 Reading List
- ALSC Notables List
- New York Public Library: 100 Books for Reading and Sharing